Scent Equipment — Troubleshooting Tips
Machine is plugged in and turned on but nothing happens.
- Check that the outlet works properly and that it does not require a wall switch be turned on to operate.
- Confirm that the 5 amp fuse on the control panel of the machine is not burned out. Replace if necessary.
Not enough scent output
The machine worked fine in the beginning but now it doesn’t put out as much scent.
- Check the scent cartridge to see if it needs to be replaced. If the gel is greatly reduced in size it’s probably time for a refill.
- Cartridges are designed to operate approximately 200+ hours in full time use or approximately 1 month at 8 hours per day. If the machine is left on 24 hours a day then the cartridge life will be cut by two thirds.
- If the cartridge is new and still has a lot of noticeable scent, check that the switch settings for the heater and fan switches are not in the 0 position.
Machine and heater are on highest setting and cartridge is fresh but there is little impact.
- Confirm that the vent is at waist or chest height. The vent should not be too close to the floor or the ceiling or in a spot where the scent is being pushed back toward the machine.
- The machine may be placed too close to the air return and the scent is being vacuumed up through the return vent.
For more information you may download the following PDF files: