Satellite Music Channel Lineup (Effective August 2, 2010)
DBS — Troubleshooting Tips
Amplifier or DBS receiver may be turned off.
- Turn on the amplifier and DBS receiver.
The volume is turned down.
- Turn the volume up on the DBS receiver using your DMX remote.
Verify the audio output is connected.
- Check that the RCA output cable is connected to the back of receiver and the amplifier.
No music, channel number blinking, auth and sync indicators lit
The mute function is selected
- Press mute on the remote control to turn muting off.
This could be due to a lack of connection to the amplifier
- Check RCA output cable is connected to back of receiver.
No music, channel number blinking, auth indicator not lit
You are not authorized to receive the current channel.
- Turn to an authorized DMX channel.
Your DBS receiver has lost authorization.
- Contact DMX to reauthorize your receiver.
No music, channel number blinking, sYnc indicator not lit
Interrupted satellite signal due to solar activity, rain, or other weather conditions.
- DBS receiver will self-correct when the weather clears.
This can be due to inclement weather at the uplink location in Denver
- Wait 30 minutes. If problem does not self-correct, call DMX.
Receiver has no signal; cable may not be connected.
- Reconnect coaxial cable (like TV cable) to the back of the receiver.
Dish may be misaligned due to strong wind.
- Call DMX.
Poor weather conditions and wrong satellite frequency or your receiver has lost memory.
- Contact DMX.
Right channel, wrong music playing
Channel needs to be reset.
- Change channels up or down one and then return to the desired channel.
System needs to be reset.
- Unplug the DBS receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 30 seconds and reconnect.