DMX is your support contact for the Pandora service for business.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM Central Standard Time
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central Standard Time
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
Our FAQ section offers a fast, convenient way to get answers to commonly asked questions.
Or, for your convenience you can call DMX or submit a Support request using the link below.
Please note that the Pandora service for business is available in the United States only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wait, I thought I could use Pandora in my business already?
When playing or performing music in public, like in your business, you must also adhere to US Copyright Law and obtain and pay for the proper licensing. Whether it's a coffee shop, shoe store, medical office, hotel, spa, gym, hair salon, or whatever, a business must have the proper licenses to play music.
DMX has partnered with Pandora to deliver and license the Pandora service for business use.
For more information on Pandora's standard terms please visit: http://www.pandora.com/legal/
Formore information about music licensing for businesses please visit: http://www.dmx.com/pandora/licensing
For more information about DMX Terms of Service for Pandora for business please visit: www.dmx.com/pandora/terms
Why do I have to pay for Pandora for business when Pandora is free?
Pandora provides you with a free, advertising supported Pandora account for personal use.
Pandora for business gives you the Pandora experience but with features that will enhance the music experience in your business, including dayparting, no advertising, and a reliable, flexible media player that can connect you to your existing sound system.
Pandora for business also ensures that you have the proper licenses to play music in your business. Whether it's a coffee shop, shoe store, medical office, hotel, spa, gym, hair salon, etc., a business must have the proper licenses to play music.
The purpose of the United States Copyright Law is to protect the rights of artists, authors, composers and publishers to their work. When anyone plays or performs music in public, or distributes music in any form, they must have the rights to that music. If not, U.S. federal copyright laws call for severe legal and financial penalties.
So while these licenses protect you, they are really designed to protect the artists and songwriters you know and love so they receive the proper compensation for their work and can continue to write and create the music that entertains the world.
For more information on Pandora please visit: http://help.pandora.com
What do I need to use Pandora for business?
You will need a few things to get started using Pandora for your business
- DMX account for the Pandora service for business (exclusively through DMX)
- DMX media player for Pandora for business
- Pandora account (if you do not already have one you will be prompted to create one during the activation of your DMX media player)
- Broadband connection with a wired Ethernet connection
- Audio speakers and amplification equipment
- Computer with Internet access to start the activation process
Where can I use Pandora for business? Can I use Pandora for business outside of the United States?
Pandora for business is currently only for use by
businesses located in the United States.
DMX takes care of applicable copyright fees for your use of the Service
as authorized by DMX's Terms of Service.
Review DMX's Terms of Service for the Pandora service for business.
What is the Return and Cancellation Policy?
Subscriptions: Because there is no long-term commitment you
can choose to end your service at any time.
Recurring billing will stop at the end of your billing cycle and the
service will remain active until that date.
No partial or prorated refunds are given.
Media Players: Return policy on media players for the Pandora service is 30 days from the date the media player ships. Refunds for players returned in like-new, working condition will be given during this 30-day period. Please contact DMX Client Satisfaction at 800-929-5407 for refunds and instructions on returning your media player. Customer is responsible for return shipping.
* Please note that these policies may vary based on certain circumstances or any pre-existing agreements with DMX.
Is there a warranty on DMX media players for the Pandora business service?
DMX offers a 12-month warranty on all media players for the Pandora service. This 12-month period begins on the date the player is shipped. DMX will replace defective media players during this time.
Please note that The warranty does not cover: any equipment other than the Media Player; damage to the Media Player caused by the negligent or willful acts of you, your employees, agents or business invitees; theft; vandalism; water (or other liquids); fire; lightning; wind; snow; acts of God; or power surges.
For more information on DMX's warranty, please see DMX Terms of Service.
Please follow these steps if you believe your media player is defective:
- Contact DMX Customer Service at 800-929-5407 to troubleshoot your player. In many cases the issue can be resolved over the phone.
- For issues that aren't resolved via phone, DMX will "advance replace" a new player and send you a Return Shipping label for you to return your defective player to DMX.
How do I activate my DMX media player and associate it with a Pandora account?
- Connect your DMX media player to your broadband Internet connection (wired connections only).
- Push the "*" on the front panel of the player to access the Menu.
- Press the Navigation down button until the current line indicator (>) is on the 'Pandora Control' menu option. Press "*" again.
- Verify the ">" is next to 'Activation'. Press "*".
- Your activation code will be displayed. Please write it down.
- On your computer, on www.dmx.com/pandora go to "Activate" or copy and paste www.dmx.com/pandora/activate in to your browser. Click the Activate now button. You will be asked to enter your activation code and to login or create a new Pandora account.
- After completing the online portion, return to your ProFusion iS. You should see an "Activation Successful!" message when your ProFusion iS has connected to your Pandora account (this may take a few minutes).
Note: If there was a problem with the activation provess, you will see an "Activation Failed" message. If you see this, please write down the message and contact DMX at 800.929.5407.
For more information please view our Quick Start Guide. You can find it at www.dmx.com/pandora/activate.
* Important: only one (1) Pandora account can be associated with each device *
I connected my Pandora for business media player to my sound system but don't hear any music, what could be wrong?
Don't panic, it's probably one of several possibilities:
- Make sure everything is plugged in and the power is On
- Ensure that your DMX media player is connected to your Ethernet connection
- Ensure that the volume on your amplification equipment is turned up
- Check all connections between your amplification equipment and your speakers
If you still cannot hear music you can try contacting DMX Customer Service at 800-929-5407.
Refer your friends!
Get a credit for one
free month of service.